Kings and Leafs talking about a blockbuster deal writes … The Kings have expressed interest Leafs defensemen Dion Phaneuf and Cody Franson, and may also be eyeing forwards Joffrey Lupul and Mike Santorelli.

Read the article here

17 Responses to Kings and Leafs talking about a blockbuster deal

  1. leafy says:

    I wanna see a huge blockbuster trade.

  2. leafs_wallace93 says:

    Knowing the Kings their offering Richards, Voynov and a 4th for the lot.

  3. LN91 says:

    This collapse by the Leafs is super impressive…

    Change the coach, and the squad is 10x worst.

    This was an easy part of there schedule too lol

    • Steven_Leafs0 says:

      6.5% chance of McDavid and improving by the week!

    • leafs_wallace93 says:

      9.5% chance at McDavid is a realistic goal IMO, hope when can pry a 1st out of Colorado and/or Dallas and see them miss the playoffs as it could give us a bit of an edge to bump those odds.

      I know this is dumb logic but Buffalo and Edmonton make up 35% of the odds that 65% chance McDavid goes elsewhere, so the Leafs odds within that 65% are about even. 65% of having good odds. I beleaf.

  4. leafs_wallace93 says:

    Wondering what could be pried out of Carolina? If their keeping Staals, Skinner ect… are they really tearing anything down? Going off the board for Hayden Fleury was more of a utility pick up than long term piece. Wondering if their ownership is pushing for playoffs, much like MLSE has been historically mired in.

    Could their 1st be had? For something around Bernier or even Kessel, hell bet we could get something for Phaneuf out of them.

    • lafleur10 says:

      you know wallace this is the very first time i agree with you,on this i bet you guys could get something sigficant out of carolina,i mean ron francis really hasn’t made a major trade and is a rookie gm just waiting to fleeced!

  5. leafs_wallace93 says:

    Ek (I know), saying Robidas could go back to Dallas? Mulligan please.

  6. leafmeister says:

    I saw Bryan McCabe yesterday eating at Boston Pizza in Kingston.

  7. LN91 says:

    “Leafs GM Dave Nonis sent out word that pretty much everyone is available except for James van Riemsdyk and Morgan Rielly.”

    I bet no one is surprised with this. Morgan Reilly is too promising to trade, and JVR is a top-line winger (with speed and size) signed to a great contract.

    • Steven_Leafs0 says:

      Yep those would be on my “no chance in hell” list too. I personally would add Nylander as we would never get back more than we put in (8th overall pick) and Kessel since guys like him are never available. Only way I would move Kessel is in a hockey trade where we get a top player in return on defence or center like Weber or MacKinnon, etc (even though we would never get arguably a better player even if we add a lot to the deal) or offer him and our first to whoever wins the draft lottery for McDavid and 1-2 cap dump contracts with negative value.

    • leafy says:

      Absolutely agree with that list – Rielly and JVR are keepers – I’ve been saying for weeks. And Nylander.

    • lafleur10 says:

      what is jvr’s contract and aav and cap hit?

  8. lafleur10 says:

    that’s a great contract it’s the same pacioretty’s

Leave a Reply